Rodial’s Guide to Face Masks
Adding a face mask to your skincare routine will leave a lasting effect. Rodial discusses the perks of face masks for various skin types. Learn more today!
Face masks are designed to target different skin concerns, such as acne, blackheads, dark circles, dehydrated skin and more. For a bright and healthy complexion, look no further than the Rodial face masks. Made with natural ingredients, these masks will hydrate and nourish your skin while gently exfoliating to remove dead skin cells. Choose from a variety of formulas to suit your individual needs, and enjoy the rejuvenating benefits of a face mask treatment. In this guide, we explain the perks and benefits of individual face masks.
Rodial’s Guide to Face Masks
There are a number of beneficial reasons to use face masks as part of your skin care routine. Use them when your skin needs a little extra TLC, or to help boost your routine. Face masks can help to:
- Cleanse your skin by removing dirt and oil from your pores
- Remove impurities and dead skin cells improving the appearance of your skin and making it look more radiant.
- Hydrate your skin by delivering a burst of moisture. This is especially beneficial if you have dry skin
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and pores by temporarily plumping up the skin with lots of active ingredients
They also help to improve the appearance of your skin by reducing the appearance of pores, evening out skin tone, and brightening your complexion.
Face masks can be used at least once a week depending on your skin's needs!
A sheet mask is a facial mask that comes in a thin, sheet-like form. The mask is usually soaked in serum or other nourishing solution, and is designed to hydrate and improve the appearance of the skin. The main benefits of sheet masks are:
- The sheet itself holds the serums and solutions against the skin; allowing for higher levels of absorption and hydration leading to visible results in a shorter amount of time
- Depending on the formula you choose, your sheet mask can help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, dullness and other signs of ageing
Additionally, sheet masks are often more comfortable to wear than other types of masks, as they do not require drying time and can be easily removed. Once you’ve removed your mask, be sure to massage the product into your skin to get more of the benefit!
Fancy giving a sheet mask a try? We share our favourite Rodial sheet masks below.
Best Sheet Mask for Dull Skin: Rodial Vit C Energising Sheet Mask
The Rodial Vit C Energising Sheet Mask is a single-use face mask that is infused with a high concentration of Vitamin C, which is known for its ability to brighten the skin and even out skin tones.
This mask also contains ginseng and guarana, which are known for their energising properties, that reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and protects the skin from environmental damage. Also, it includes other ingredients such as coffeeberry to help increase cell turnover and boost collagen production.
There are several pros to using the Rodial Vit C Energising Sheet Mask, including:
- The mask helps to brighten and even out the skin tone.
- It helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- It helps to hydrate and nourish the skin.
- It is easy to use and can be applied in just a few minutes.
- It is affordable and can be found at most drugstores or online.
“Not many Vitamin C masks out there so I was excited to try. Very firming and hydrating, and got a dose of Vitamin C. Love it!” - Gemma 5/5
Best Sheet Mask for Mature Skin: Pink Diamond Lifting Sheet Mask
The Rodial Pink Diamond Lifting Sheet Mask is a face mask that is designed to help lift and firm the skin. The mask contains a variety of ingredients that are known to be beneficial for the skin, including hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, and castor oil.
The sheet mask is also infused with a special blend of pink diamonds and pearl powder that work together to brighten the complexion and give the skin a more youthful appearance.
They key benefits of the Pink Diamond Lifting Sheet Mask include:
- Firms and tones the skin
- Brightens the complexion
- Gives the skin a radiant glow
- Helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Leaves the skin feeling smooth, hydrated and looking younger
The Rodial Pink Diamond Lifting Sheet Mask is ideal for those who are looking for a quick and easy way to improve the appearance of their skin. The mask is also suitable for all skin types. You can find more information here.
“I am in love with Rodial products and the results upon application are almost immediate, I am not the sort of person to review anything unless I think it's out of this world ... so here we are! AN ABSOLUTE 10 OUT OF 10!” - Minie 5/5
Rodial’s Guide to Under Eye Masks and Patches
An under-eye mask and patch is a type of facial mask that is designed to be placed under the eyes. These masks are typically made of a gel or cream that is infused with ingredients that are beneficial for the skin, such as vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Under-eye masks and patches can help to hydrate and nourish the skin, reduce the dark circles, bags, and fine lines around the eyes, and brighten the under-eye area. Below are our most recommended sheet masks.
Best Under Eye Patches for Tired and Dry Eyes: Rodial Dragon’s Blood Jelly Patches
The Dragon’s Blood Jelly Patches are a jelly patch and the next generation in Rodial’s Dragon’s Blood line. It uses the dragon's blood ingredient that is derived from the sap of the Croton lechleri tree, that is known for it’s anti-inflammatory and healing properties. This helps soothe and protect the skin.
The main benefits of the Dragon’s Blood Jelly Patches are
- The patches are designed to be absorbent, so they can help to draw out impurities and excess oil from the skin
- The jelly-like texture of the patches helps to hydrate and soothe the skin from under eye circles, puffiness and fine lines
- The patches help improve the appearance of the skin by reducing inflammation, healing wounds, and hydrating the skin.
The main ingredient in the patches is hyaluronic acid, which is a substance that naturally occurs in the body and helps to keep the skin hydrated and plump. Other ingredients include niacinamide, which helps to brighten the skin. The ingredients work together to hydrate, soothe, and plump the skin, making the patches an effective treatment for dry, dull, or inflamed skin. You can find more information here.
“Love these patches... super hydrating and brightening” - Janice 5/5
Best Under Eye Patches for Tightening and Brightening: Rodial Snake Jelly Patches
The Rodial Snake Jelly Patches are a set of two under-eye patches that help to brighten and de-puff the eye area. They are made from a gel that contains a variety of peptides and other ingredients such as persimmon leaf, basil leaf and chamomile extract to help improve skin elasticity, hydrate, brighten, and reduce the appearance of under-eye bags and puffiness.
The benefits of the Rodial Snake Jelly Patches are:
- Reducing the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of ageing
- Brightening and evening out the skin tone and
- Improving the overall health and appearance of the skin
The patches are typically used once or twice a week, and can be applied before bed or before applying makeup. You can find more information here.
“The best eye masks I have used, I use them when feeling tired or before an evening out. They really smooth out my under eye area” - Jill 5/5
Best Under Eye Patches for Fine Lines and Wrinkles: Rodial Bee Venom Jelly Eye Patches
The Rodial Bee Venom Jelly Eye Patches are a set of two gel patches that are designed to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes. The patches are infused with bee venom, which is known to stimulate collagen production and help to smooth and plump the skin.
The benefits of the Rodial Bee Venom Jelly Eye Patches are:
- They help reduce the appearance of dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles around the eye area
- The hyaluronic acid in the jelly helps to hydrate and plump the skin.
- The bee venom in the patches helps stimulate collagen production
For the best results, we recommend using the Rodial Bee Venom Jelly Eye Patches 2 to 3 times a week. You can find more information here.
Rodial’s Guide to Gel and Creme Face Masks
A gel and cream face mask is a type of mask that is typically used to hydrate and nourish the skin. These masks typically contain ingredients like hyaluronic acid, glycerin, peptides and natural ingredients to plump and smooth the skin.
Some of the main benefits of using a gel or cream face mask is:
- They can help to lock in moisture and prevent the skin from becoming dry or dehydrated
- They help to brighten the complexion and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Gel and cream face masks are typically applied to clean, dry skin, and are left on for about 20 minutes to allow the skin to absorb the nutrients before being rinsed off.
Below are our most recommended gel and creme masks:
Best Face Mask for Dry and Dehydrated Skin: Dragon’s Blood Hyaluronic Face Mask
The Dragon’s Blood Hyaluronic Face Mask is a hydrating and nourishing facial mask that hydrates and plumps the skin. It is made with dragon's blood extract, which is a natural ingredient that’s derived from the sap of the Croton lechleri tree. This tree is native to the Amazon rainforest. Dragon's blood extract is rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties.
The benefits of The Dragon’s Blood Hyaluronic Face Mask are
- Reduce the appearance of redness and inflammation
- The hyaluronic acid in the mask helps to attract and retain moisture in the skin
- Dragon's Blood extract helps to soothe and protect the skin.
- The mask also contains a blend of botanical extracts, including green tea, which is a powerful antioxidant that helps to protect the skin from free radical damage.
This mask is suitable for all skin types but is particularly beneficial for those with dry, sensitive, or mature skin. You can find more information here.
“Whenever I use this at night and always wake up with plump hydrated looking skin.” - Michelle 5/5
For the best results, we recommended using our masks 1 to 2 times per week.
Rodial masks and peels are great options to choose from because they are made with natural ingredients that are known to be effective in treating a variety of skin concerns. Shop our face masks and peels now and enjoy free delivery on orders over £60.